Discover the game-changing benefits of LED UV technology for AOP applications in water treatment across various industries.
Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOP) have emerged as a critical component in water treatment to remove contaminants and improve water quality. AOP is a chemical process that utilises highly reactive species, such as hydroxyl radicals (OH), to break down organic compounds and other pollutants in water. These hydroxyl radicals are short-lived but highly reactive molecules that can oxidise a wide range of contaminants, including organic pollutants, bacteria, and viruses. In various industries, AOP is essential for meeting stringent water quality regulations and ensuring the safety of water supplies. At LED UV-C Systems Ltd, we are proud to introduce our cutting-edge PearlAqua Kilo and Tera systems, which utilise LED UV technology to provide unparalleled benefits over traditional mercury lamp systems in UV AOP applications. In this blog, we'll explore the numerous advantages of our LED UV-C water sterilisation systems and how they can add value to the water treatment industry across different market sectors.
Relevant Markets for AOP Treatment
AOP technology plays a crucial role in several industries, including:
1. Drinking Water Treatment: Ensuring safe and clean drinking water is a top priority for municipalities and water utilities. AOP effectively removes emerging contaminants, such as pharmaceuticals, personal care products, and endocrine-disrupting compounds, which are not efficiently removed by conventional water treatment processes.
2. Wastewater Treatment: Industries like pharmaceuticals, textiles, and petrochemicals generate wastewater with complex and hard-to-degrade pollutants. AOP can break down these contaminants, allowing for safe discharge or water reuse.
3. Food & Beverage: The food and beverage industry relies on high-quality water for various processes, from rinsing and cleaning to product formulation. AOP ensures that water used in these processes is free of pathogens and other contaminants, maintaining product quality and safety.
4. Aquaculture: In fish farming and other aquatic animal production facilities, maintaining water quality is crucial for the health and productivity of the organisms. AOP can eliminate pathogens and control waterborne diseases, improving the overall water quality in aquaculture systems.
5. Cooling Towers & Process Water: AOP can prevent the growth of harmful microorganisms, such as Legionella, in cooling towers and process water systems, ensuring the safety and efficiency of industrial processes.
The LED UV-C Advantage: PearlAqua Kilo & Tera
The PearlAqua Kilo and Tera systems are designed for commercial and municipal markets, respectively, offering flow rates from 20 to 220m³/h for the Kilo and up to 950m³/h for the Tera, with doses up to 2000mJ/cm². These powerful devices use LED technology to generate UV-C photons, which are essential for effective AOP applications. When combined with an oxidant, such as hydrogen peroxide, the UV-C photons react to produce hydroxyl radicals, which can efficiently remove contaminants from water.
Benefits of LED UV Technology over Mercury Lamps
1. Energy Efficiency: LEDs can be turned on and off instantly, allowing them to save energy during no-flow situations. Mercury lamps, on the other hand, require minutes to warm up and consume 100% power all the time.
2. Longevity & Durability: LED UV systems offer longer maintenance intervals, lasting years compared to mercury systems, which typically require maintenance every few months. Additionally, LED lamp modules are more durable and do not require fragile quartz sleeves, reducing the risk of contamination from broken glass or Mercury contamination.
3. Dynamic Power Control: The LED UV systems can dynamically adjust power output according to water flow rates, ensuring optimal performance and energy savings. Mercury lamps run at full power all the time, regardless of flow rates.
4. Eco-Friendly Disposal: LEDs do not contain toxic mercury, making disposal more environmentally friendly and aligning with the Minamata Convention's goals to reduce mercury in the industry.
5. Reduced Mineral Fouling: LED UV systems significantly minimise mineral fouling on the quartz window surface, maintaining higher Ultra Violet Transmittance (UVT) and sterilisation efficacy compared to mercury lamp systems.
Optimising AOP with LED UV-C Systems
In AOP applications, the PearlAqua Kilo and Tera systems deliver a powerful and efficient approach to water treatment, maximising contaminant removal while reducing energy consumption, maintenance, and environmental impact. As a result, these LED UV-C water sterilisation systems provide a sustainable, cost-effective, and reliable solution for businesses and municipalities across various industries.
Why choose LED UV for AOP?
The PearlAqua Kilo and Tera systems from LED UV-C Systems Ltd represent a significant advancement in AOP applications for water treatment across a wide range of markets. By harnessing the power of LED UV technology, these systems offer numerous benefits over traditional mercury lamp systems, including energy efficiency, longevity, dynamic power control, eco-friendly disposal, and reduced mineral fouling. Embrace the future of water treatment by choosing LED UV-C technology with our PearlAqua Kilo and Tera systems. Experience the difference and join the LED UV movement today!